How to Help Your Community Through Tough Times
There is a lot of uncertainty right now and we need to help each other more than ever to stay healthy and keep a sound mind. Supporting each other is how we can get through the tough times! We understand that many people have been cut on their hours or have lost their jobs completely. Below are helpful links for individuals and businesses on how they can request financial assistance, and how we can do our part to assist them.
How to Help Local Businesses
With restaurants and local businesses having to close their doors during this pandemic, there are still ways we can contribute. You can order food for curbside pickup, order from local businesses online, buy gift cards and even leave positive reviews on their business through Google and Facebook. Below are links that provide information on how local businesses are operating and how you can help:
- EatLafayette has provided a list of restaurants in the Lafayette area with what services they are offering.
- Downtown Lafayette has provided information on how to support local businesses and artists of Acadiana.
- Here is a list of local businesses you can purchase gift cards from online: Support Local
- One Acadiana offers a business directory where you can search for local businesses by industry.
How to Get Help if Your Business is Suffering
If your business is suffering from having to limit your services, limit your hours or closing your doors, there are resources available where you can request assistance:
- Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- Independent Contractors, Self Employed, Sole Proprietors are eligible to apply for SBA Disaster Loans
- COVID-19 Resources for Businesses and Employees
- Louisiana Economic Development: COVID-19 Assistance
- One Acadiana: COVID-19 Resources
Let’s help out our community as much as possible so that we can get through this together! If you need any assistance with any of your accounts, call us at 337.989.2800.