At Meritus Credit Union we love teachers! We know that great teachers are always looking for ways to expand their instruction and engage their students — but it can be expensive. That's why we are very excited to offer five $250 teacher classroom grants every month beginning in September 2018 and continuing through April 2019. Grants will be awarded to teaching staff in Acadia, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Martin, and Vermilion Parishes and will assist teachers with classroom needs during the school year.
Teacher Grant Winners 2017-2018
Teacher Grant Winners September 2018
• Acadia Parish: Tanya Huynh, Rayne High School
• Iberia Parish: Christi Bailey, Iberia Middle School
• Lafayette Parish: Christine McCrory, Lafayette High School
• St. Martin Parish: Allison Guagliardo, Stephensville Elementary School
• Vermilion Parish: Elizabeth Davidson, Eaton Park Elementary
Eligible teachers may apply by filling out the online form below. Applications will be due by the last business day of each month and award winners will be announced by the 10th business day of the following month on our website and Facebook page. Applications are good for one month and must be resubmitted each month for consideration. Applicants are eligible to only receive one award per school calendar year.