Meritus CU is closely monitoring the latest news in global health and taking proactive precautions to help keep you informed of our operations in this uncertain time.
July 13, 2020 Update: A statewide mask mandate is currently in effect.
This weekend, Governor John Bel Edwards announced a mandatory mask mandate for parishes with high COVID-19 incidence. The order requires face coverings for everyone ages 8 and older except for the following:
- Anyone who has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a face covering
- Anyone who is consuming a drink or food
- Anyone who is trying to communicate with a person who is hearing impaired
- Anyone who is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience
- Anyone who temporarily removing his or her face covering for identification purposes
- Anyone who is a resident of a parish without a high COVID incidence that has opted out of the masking mandate
More information on the full proclamation can be found online at State of Louisiana Coronavirus Updates.
As always, we value the health and safety of our members. If you prefer to use the drive-thru service, we will continue as scheduled, or you can bank anytime, anywhere with the Meritus CU® app or website.
Thank you for banking with us and for helping us keep each other safe!
May 22, 2020 Update: All branch lobbies will reopen for regular business hours Tuesday, May 26th.
What to Expect
While we are excited to see you, our branches will operate a bit differently to ensure the health and safety of everyone:
- The teller line and MSR offices will have plexiglass shields to create a barrier against cross contamination between staff and members during transactions.
- All of our staff members will be wearing masks for all transactions. We recommend that you wear a mask as well but keep in mind that you may be asked to remove it briefly in order to be properly identified.
- Floor decals will be positioned to aid in social distancing measures, and provide a helpful guide on how to navigate the lobby. Note: due to efforts to limit the occupancy in branches, lines may appear to be longer than usual.
- Due to an abundance of safety precautions, restrooms and children's play stations will be closed to the public until further notice.
- If you have a fever or have tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days, please use our drive-thru.
We look forward to seeing you!
May 11, 2020 Update: Lafayette and Carencro branches have been fully sanitized and re-opened. Members can now visit for drive-thru service at these locations, as well as our Iberia and Acadia branches during normal business hours.
May 10, 2020 Update: We have learned that at least one of our employees have tested positive for Covid-19. To ensure that we take every precaution for the safety of our employees and members, our Lafayette and Carencro branches will be closed Monday, May 11th. This will enable us to have both locations professionally sanitized. Iberia and Acadia branches will continue drive-thru service as scheduled and updates will be posted here.
March 19, 2020 Update: All branch lobbies closed effective Thursday, March 19, 2020 until further notice. Drive-thru service to continue during normal business hours.
ATMs: Find a MoneyPass® ATM here.
24-Hour Bonjour Telephone Banking: 800.291.3867
You can count on us if you need our help or have questions about your account. We will continue to update our website with new information as it comes available.