Make lunchtime bank runs a thing of the past. Our digital services let you bank anywhere there's internet.
- Save time by banking from home — or anywhere there’s internet access
- View account balances, check images and transaction history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Transfer funds to make payments on your Meritus Credit Union loans
- Pay bills (enroll in Bill Pay by visiting a branch)
- Apply for loans
- Download mobile banking and manage settings
- Schedule to receive account eAlerts via email
- Sign up for paperless eStatements
- Communicate with us using secure email
Enroll in Online Banking
To get started, you’ll need:
- An active Meritus Credit Union primary savings account
Watch these video tutorials for an inside look of the new features!
- Schedule payments from one convenient location to almost anyone in the United States, from your electric company to your daycare provider
- Schedule one-time or recurring payments
- Avoid the expense of envelopes and stamps
Enroll in Online Bill Pay
To get started, you’ll need the following:
- Active Meritus Credit Union checking account
- Online banking account
Click here to view a video tutorial.
- Log in to Online Banking from a desk top computer or laptop
- Select the Pay Bills tab to add merchants and schedule payments
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions
You can use mobile banking in several convenient ways:
- Mobile App: For iPhone and Android users. Access Online Banking conveniently through your mobile browser to check account balances, view transaction history and transfer funds between accounts. Pay bills if you are enrolled in Online Bill Pay.
- Mobile Browser: For devices with web capabilities so you can access all of the Online Banking features without needing to adjust your screen
- Mobile Text Banking: Use your text-enabled mobile device to check account balances and receive transaction history via text message.
- Mobile Text Alerts: Schedule account alerts at the Online Banking Self Service page and receive them via text message on your text-enabled mobile device.*
Enroll in Mobile Banking
To get started, you’ll need the following:
- Online banking account
- Text-enabled mobile device
- Desk top computer or laptop
Via Mobile Device Store:
- Visit the iTunes (Apple) or Google Play (Android) store
- Search for "Meritus Credit Union"
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Enter your credit union Online Banking password
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
Via Online Banking:
- Log in to Online Banking from a desktop computer or laptop
- Visit the Self Service page to register your mobile device for Mobile Banking
- Select the services you want to access on your device.
- Select your time zone and the accounts you want to access on your device.
- Assign each of your accounts a short nickname (for mobile device viewing & texting).
- Enter your mobile phone number, including the area code.
- Within a few moments you will receive a text message from Meritus Credit Union 71806 with an activation code. Enter the activation code online and click activate.
- Follow any additional instructions.
- You will receive texts containing links to activate the mobile services you selected.
Schedule Mobile Text Alerts
- After adding Mobile Text Alerts, visit the Self Service page.
- Under the Alerts section, click "Account Alerts”.
- Select an account to add alerts on from the drop down and click GO. The alert options associated with that type of account will then appear.
- Select the alerts you want to receive, email address and whether you want to receive the alert via email or email and SMS text.
- Click OK when finished. (Alerts may take up to 24 hours to become active.)
- Repeat these steps for additional accounts or for Transfers, Bill Pay and General Alerts.
Mobile Texting Commands
After Mobile Text enrollment is complete, use the following text commands to receive account information.
- Request history for a specific account: Text HIST + account nickname to 71806
- Request balances on all accounts: Text BAL to 71806
*Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile service provider plan for details.
Now you can deposit checks into your checking or savings account anytime, anywhere just by taking a photo of your check. Update your current Meritus Credit Union mobile banking app today and experience:
- Convenience – save a trip to the branch or ATM
- Security – our app uses cutting edge security features to protect you and your financial information
- Simplicity – make a deposit with just a few taps
How Do I Deposit a Check?
- Log into our Mobile Banking App
- Tap on "Deposit Check"
- Select which account to deposit the check into
- Enter the check's amount. Carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check. You may deposit up to $1,000 per day per person.
- Tap "Front Image" to snap a photo of the front of the check (Tip: lay the check on a flat surface in a well-lit area when taking pictures so that there are no shadows)
- Select "Retake Picture” or "Keep Picture" depending on photo (make sure all edges show and the amount is visible)
- Repeat for the back of the check (make sure it is endorsed with your signature and "For Mobile Deposit only at Meritus Credit Union" or "For Mobile Deposit only at Meritus Credit Union"). Note: If your check is not properly endorsed, it will be rejected.
- Click Deposit
- When the "Success" screen appears, you can deposit another check or proceed to another function within the mobile banking app
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can I deposit at a time?
You may deposit up to $1000 per day per person.
When will my funds be available?
Once your check is approved, up to $200 will be available to you by the next business day. Additional funds will be available within 5 business days. Deposits uploaded after 4pmCST will be reviewed for posting the next business day.
Why do I have to endorse my check?
Endorsing each check is necessary to prevent it from being redeposited.
What’s the best way to take a picture of my check?
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos and make sure that all four corners are visible.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus (not blurry) before submitting your deposit.
- Check to make sure that the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Do I need to keep my check after I submit my deposit?
Yes, keep your paper check for 30 days after your deposit before disposing of it.